5721 E 41st St, Sioux Falls, SD 57110
Manager Meetings Dates are now in the books. These meetings will take place at the new BB’s Location, 5400 W. University Trail.
1st Meeting – February 28th, 7:00PM – Agenda will include voting for 2 board member spots currently held by Brad Tyler and Jeff Oltmanns ( Buddha ). If you are interested in running for the board, please contact Aaron Hall ( 605-251-4135 ) or Joe Lewellen ( 605-204-0304 ). You may also contact us via Facebook messenger @ https://www.facebook.com/sfmensslowpitch . Each team will have one representative to vote. Otherwise, bring any questions you may have.
2nd Meeting – March 29th – Agenda TBD after February meeting.
– There will be a section for frequently asked questions up soon. We will be building it as we go this year.
– With the league fee increase, we are also increasing umpire pay. If you are interested in officiating, please contact:
Eric Stowell @ 605-520-5329
Chuck Buchheim @ 605-270-2879
– Game times for 2024 are reverting back to 6:30, 7:20, 8:10 and 9:00. Additionally, we are shortening game time to 50 minutes + 1 inning down from 55 minutes plus one. The goal is to get people to the fields and ready to play on time as well as get everyone home at a decent hour.
– Given some comments and events from last year, we have decided to drop the number of Thursday players allowed per team on Wednesday to two. Monday will remain at 1 and Tuesday will remain at 2.
– There is a new national rule on ejections. It is as follows:
Rule 4, Section 8B An ejected participant must leave the grounds and have no contact with the umpires or participants in the game
and is suspended for one additional game. The ejected participant is restricted from having contact with the team and is not permitted to sit in the stands, dugout, or general locality of the next game. The ejected participant may appeal the one game suspension to the Championship Protest Committee.
Sioux Falls Men’s Slow Pitch will be operating under this rule for 2024 and are meeting weekly to discuss ejections this year. We are all adults, and players will be expected to behave accordingly. Additional rule changes for USA Softball are highlighted in red at usasoftball.com (PDF )
We need each manager to complete this process before their first games. Log in to your account on our website using your user I.D. and password. This will take you to your team Dashboard. Click Team at the top of the page. Then click Roster. Then Finalize Roster. If you have a couple teams signed from last year and then this year, you may have to click on your 2024 team from the drop box. Invite players thru email. Please only invite 1 player at a time. Your roster from last year may be there as well. Put a check by the players you want back from last year and if their emails haven’t changed, it should email them again for you and save you some steps. If you have questions, please text 605-929-7859.