We hope everyone’s Thanksgiving went really well. We’re getting back into the swing of things in order to prepare for the 2020 softball season. With that in mind, we’re hosting a softball social open to anyone in the league to come and hang out with board members. We’re hoping to have some good discussions about how 2019 went, and what you guys would like to see happen in 2020.
We have filled the vacant board spot, Brad Tyler who finished as the runner-up in the 2019 board member elections, has accepted to fill in for the remaining one year left on the term through March of 2020.
We’d like to also introduce a new role: Player Representatives to the board. The details of this position are still being finalized, but the idea is that players who want to have a voice on the board to represent the teams in their division. They’d also have smaller roles on major events such as championship night, and our board meetings. If you have interest in filling this role or at least hearing more about it, please reach out to us via phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You would be a representative for the division you play in.
- You would serve as an additional point of contact for players and managers to the board.
- You would gain a voice on the board for most league related issues, rules and promotions.
- You would serve as an advocate for the league and sport.
- You would need to be able to communicate with managers, players and umpires on a regular basis.
- You would be able to vote on annual rule changes and other league matters.
- The position includes a small stipend for your services.
We hope to see you all at the social:
Tuesday, December 17th, 6:30pm-8:30pm
We’ll be at BB’s Pub N Grill: 3400 W 49th St #102, Sioux Falls, SD 57106
Meet with Brad and the other board members as we are now hammering out details for 2020. It’s the best time as a player and/or manager to get your two cents in on what you would like to see happen in 2020 and beyond.